Monday, June 8, 2009

Public Display of Affection

PDA.....we hear about it all the time, see it all the time. And while it's cool for others, it's not so cool for me. Now, you may be sitting there thinking, "Wait a mintue, I thought she had a boyfriend?!" The answer would be yes, I do. And while I enjoy holding hands and snuggling, and getting an occasional kiss on the side of my head, i'm not one of those people who have no problem displaying all kinds of affection publicly. And here is why:
When you're dating someone, you never know what can happen. And while you may be certain that you will spend the rest of your life with them, that might not be God's plan for you. You have no idea what the future holds for you in your dating life. And it makes me sad to see people who give so much of themselves away while dating. Now, i'm not talking about giving their whole selves away. But when you think about people who date a new person constantly, you have to wonder...how many times did they kiss? How far did they go without stopping before having sex? Stuff of that nature. And while you may think kissing is no big deal, it is. At least to me it is. Like I said before, you have aboslutely no clue if the person you are dating, or will date, will become your future husband/wife. But I know that when I am engaged, I know that that will be the man that God has chosen for me to spend the rest of my life with. And I would much rather lavish all my love and affection on my fiance/husband, than give half of it away beforehand. I want to keep myself as clean and as pure as I possibly can(without overdoing it, or becoming obssesed with it) so that when I give myself to the godly man I know God has waiting for me, he will know how much I truly love him. One of my favorite authors described this in one of her books. The way she put it, was something like this:
When you picture your future, your wedding night, picture yourself as a present that you will be giving to your husband to open. Now, would you want to be a present whos' paper has been torn and some of it ripped off, leaving it missing pieces? I hope your answer is no. I hope that you want to be the kind of present that is still wrapped up, just waiting to be opened by their one and only true love.When I read that, my eyes were opened. I read it a long time ago, but it's stuck with me. I WANT to be that kind of present. I want to be completely whole for my true love. I know I wouldn't want to receive a ripped/torn present. So why should I give any less?This was just floating through my head tonight, and I felt compelled to share it =]
--Megan

No comments:

collegefreshie101@blogspot.com

Followers

About Me

My photo
17 years young. Blue-eyed blonde. loves children, loves to sing, loves to write. Loves her Jesus with her whole heart. An amazing family, awesome friends. a love for frapps from Starbucks. Reading is a must. Love~Live~Laugh